Monday, March 01, 2010

Ironman 101

Today is my first day of Ironman training. Whew!!! I've been waiting for this day for a while. I'm about 10 pounds over race weight thanks to the holidays and general lack of structured exercise. I did this purposefully. I was really burned out after last season and figured I needed to give myself some time off. From everything. Blogging, structured exercising, everything. I was mentally burned out as well. It was a struggle to get out and run.


But, now that's changed. I'm back :)

This week is really a prep week. Well this week and next. I run 4 today. Assuming I can get the gym membership worked out, I'm going to start swimming this week as well.

A slight problem is keeping me from doing any cycling this week. My bike is in WV and I am here in VA. When we moved we didn't pack any of the bikes. And, I still need a trainer for my bike. So probably no cycling this week, unless I get a spinning class in or two.

So, here's to 6 months of hard, intense training.

As always, I am raising money for a cause. This year's cause is the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The link is here. Consider donating. Thanks.

HTFU!!




1 comments:

David H.

Welcome back - I've missed reading your posts. I think three years ago when I started blogging about running the Richmond Marathon you were the first one that I followed regularly. Can't wait to follow you on this journey!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008