Wednesday, July 22, 2009

And so it begins...

On Sunday July 26th 2009, I'm officially starting my triathlon season and the training for my Ironman. Up to this point, I've been working on my base for the two half-ironman events this year and the full Ironman next year. I know it seems like I've been doing a bunch of running, swimming, and biking, but it is nowhere near where I'll be next year. My goal this year is to prep and warmup for the full Ironman next year.


On the 26th, I'll be in Cincinnati competing in the One World Triathlon. I'll be racing the
Olympic distance which is 1.3k swim (.84 miles) 40k bike (25 miles), and 10k run (6 miles). I'm a little nervous as it looks like the high for Sunday is going to be 78 degrees which means the water is going to be a little cold. So, I'll be wearing the new wetsuit I bought. I've never competed in a wetsuit. I'm going to get in an open water swim today and hopefully tomorrow in my wetsuit. I didn't really intend to use it this year as I thought the weather would have been warmer. Thankfully, I didn't buy the full wetsuit. I got a sleeveless version (you can see it over there on the right). It should be an interesting swim to say the least.

More importantly, this race is a training race. I'm doing it to get the details down for my Half-Ironman in Morgantown on August 9th. I'm pretty psyched for the race. I figure I'll finish in a little under 3 hours. The bike looks fun and the run should be a breeze. My nutrition is down. I'm ready. Now it needs to hurry up and get here.

BTW, in case you don't know, a Half Ironman is 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run (in one day). And the full Ironman is 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run (in one day).

6 miles run down. Swim this afternoon. Long bike and swim tomorrow.

Woot!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008