Monday, July 13, 2009

Facebook, Blogger, and the solution to my woes

Ok, so I had earlier decided to only update Facebook Notes with my blog postings, but it appears that I can import my blog postings from here (recastiniron.blogspot.com) to my Facebook profile. I was having some problems keeping both updated. Now, it appears I can do both at the same time. Back to frequent blogging!!!!

Today, I did a brick. I did a 25 mile bike followed immediately by a 6 mile run. If I had swam today, it would have been the exact race distance as I'm doing on the 26th of July: the One World Triathlon in Cincy. I'm doing the Olympic distance (1.35K swim, 40K bike, 10K run).

Anyway, about halfway through my bike today, I got stung by a bee. I was pedaling along at 20mph or so and felt something hit my leg right below my left knee. About a millisecond later, I felt the sting...Yowza!!!! I used to be allergic to bees, but apparently not anymore. I continued my bike and run. IT hurt the whole way, but tonight, I have no swelling or pain. More importantly, I didn't have any allergic reactions. Woohoo!!

Tomorrow is swim and bike. Steph and I will swim in the morning. She'll then run and I'll bike again.

Woot!!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Welcome back! I'm finding Facebook to be unstable in many areas and a bear to find things - I definitely like this way of coming straight to the source!

Anonymous

Glad to see you back! You are very lucky not to have had an allergic reaction to the bee. Sounds like training is going well.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008