Saturday, July 26, 2008

73 miles in two weeks

So I think I've reached a new high in terms of mileage. The training regime I am following is Hal Higdon's Intermediate I program. The training is really kind of cool in terms of its setup. The idea is you run 5 days a week. Each week either is a progressively longer mileage week or it is a shorter mileage week.

Last week I ran 36 miles, this week I ran 37. Next week, I'll drop back to 31. The following week, I'll run 41 miles.

The idea is to give your body a rest during the training and have some rest weeks built in where you don't increase the weekly mileage. Last year during my training, I think the max I ran in one week was 37. And that was like once. This time, I'll be in the 40's for a while with a max at 44.

My body is adjusting well. I have little soreness and generally feel great. Of course, I'm in much better shape than last year too. Also, the added biking and swimming are definitely helping.

Today I ran 15 miles. Steph didn't get her long run is as she is visiting her sister. Next week is 4-5-4-7-11.

Woot!
__________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

1 comments:

David H.

Great numbers! I hope you can keep it up and stay injury free!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008