Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to normal (except for the dead body)

Ok.

So I'm back.

Sorry for the lack of posting. Things should be back to normal now.

After a cross-country trip to LA and back last week, I'm finally at home once again. Of the more interesting things that happened during my trip was the fact that I saw a dead body.

Uhmm...yeah.

A dead body.

During one of my runs.

Yikes!!!

I went out for a 5 mile run soon after I arrived at the hotel last week. I was expecting typical LA stuff: loud music, weird hair, low-riders, etc. I've been to LA before so I kind of knew what to expect. Going out, that's exactly what I saw. Actually, it was refreshing. As you can imagine, in West Virginia, I don't get to see too much "culture".

Anyway, I did my 2.5 out and then turned around to come back the same route. About a mile from the hotel, I saw a bunch of LAPD cars with uniformed and plain-clothes officers milling about them. I slowed down as I came up on them as I really didn't have a way to cross the street. I had to run right beside the cop cars. As I did, I turned to my left and peered through the crowd of officers to see a dead guy lying on the side of the road.

Now, if you haven't picked up on it yet, I didn't see the body during my run out. That means that either the guy died between the time I ran by the spot he was found, or he was dropped off by someone. How freakin' spooky is that?

Now, can you top that? What's the weirdest thing you've seen while running, biking, or swiming?

Last week I had a rest week. I did 3-5-3-6-9. I ran 4 today and the rest of the week looks like 7-4-7-14. I also swam about a half mile.

Woot!

__________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

1 comments:

David H.

I haven't seen a human body, but about a month ago I saw a squirrel that had been "slurry sealed" -- it's what my neighborhood uses to black top the roads instead of paving them. That was probably the most disgusting thing I've seen so far on my runs.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008