Saturday, July 05, 2008

Trip after trip


Whew!!

Got back from Indianapolis on Thursday and what a great trip!!

For my runs while I was there, I ran around a canal that meanders through downtown. It's a nice little run...about 3-4 miles round trip. I also ran around the capitol. It was great.

Before I went to Indy, I did a radio interview on our local AM Station, WAJR, regarding the Steps for Solace Fund. You can find the audio here. The first 15 seconds or so are missing as they forgot to turn my mike on.

Steph and I did our long runs today. She has taken it easy this week and only ran today and Monday. Today, she did 6 and I did 12. Total I ran 30 miles this week (3-6-3-6-12). Next week, I drop back a little and then the following week I pass 35 miles.

The program I'm following really believes in taking appropriate rest weeks where you don't stop running but reduce your weekly mileage. So, next week I'll do 3-5-3-6-9 for a total of 26. Then the following week I'll do 4-7-4-7-14 for a total of 36. I can't wait. I forgot how much I really enjoy the long runs.

Next week, I'm headed to Burbank California for three days, so expect a light blogging week again. Sorry :)

Also, be sure to check out the 2008 Tour De France this week. It started today.

Woot!!

PS. That's our dog Winnie :) She helped with my long run today.

__________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008