Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Steps for Solace Fund

Today, Steph and I are officially announcing The Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund. We are establishing this endowed fund in the memory of my mother who passed away two years ago from esophageal cancer and my father who passed away from melanoma when I was two. You can see the initial story here.

The fund will help make patient visits to the WVU Cancer Center Clinic as pleasant and personalized as possible. It will be used to provide beverages, newspapers, magazines, and assistance with such things as finding the perfect wig or scarf.

It takes 25k to endow it. And, I'm looking to raise that money by October when I run the Marine Corps Marathon. What!!!! How can I raise 25K by October?

Well, see that's where you come in.

Those of you who read my blog, please consider donating. If you can't donate, please spread the word. If you run or own a business, consider a gift. I'll happily wear your logo as I complete the marathon this fall. Everything helps.

If you'd like to get involved and run (either in real life or through the blog) with me as I train, let me know. I'd be happy to have you along. We can help each other prepare for the big race.

All donations are tax-deductible and you'll get a personal thank you from me :)

You can donate online at the WVU Cancer Center.

Today I biked 20, ran 5 and swam 800m.

Woot!!

1 comments:

Anonymous

What a wonderful thing you are doing in memory of your loved ones. Your fund will really make a difference in the lives it touches.

My sister and I started a foundation 3 years ago in memory of my nephew. It has been such a heart warming experience knowing we are helping people struggling and experiencing all that my family did.

Again, this is a really great thing you are doing.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008