Monday, June 09, 2008

Swim caps are the shiznit!!

I bought my first swim cap last week and finally got a chance to use it today. Wow. What a difference it makes. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but it really helps. Not only does it keep me more aerodynamic through the water, but since it covers my ears, I don't get any water in them (not really anyway). I felt like I actually swam better today because of the cap.

All I did was swim today. I did 3 x 300 yards and then a few 100 yard repeats. I was very pleased to do the 300 yards repeats. I can swim 300 yards in about 6:30. I know, I know. Not fast. But, at least I can swim it.

I didn't do any biking or running today as my legs are very sore. I don't really know why, but they hurt like hell. I did finish Saturday's half 10 seconds faster than I finished the Cinci Half. And, I walked about a half mile on Saturday during the race. I guess I was pushing it pretty hard and my legs are telling me about it :)

Tomorrow I intend to work out some of the lactic acid. I have a day of biking 20 and running 5.

Woot!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008