Wednesday, June 25, 2008

25 yards to 1 mile (in a month)

Before Steph and I went on vacation last week, I went for a swim. Not just any swim, mind you. I was planning on swimming a mile. That's right. A MILE!!!

And, I did it!!!

I jumped in the pool and 33 minutes later, I hopped out having swam 1750 yards. Woooohooo!!!!! Officially, it took me 33:32.

A month ago, I was barely able to swim 25 yards. How cool is that? I've found that, with most things, persistence is the name of the game. And, because I was persistent, I now can swim.

Now comes time to concentrate on the next 1.4 :)

In Steps for Solace news, I was interviewed yesterday by our local CBS affiliate. You can find the clip here. Ignore the commercial. On Friday, I do a local radio show. Wish me luck :)

I ran 3 miles today.

Woot!!

1 comments:

David H.

Great clip. Best of luck to you in the fundraising! Hope you a had a good vacation, too!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008