Monday, June 02, 2008

First day of Marathon training

Today was my first day of marathon training. I ran 3 miles. My mileage this week will be around 24 miles as Steph and I have a half-mary on Saturday. Also, I'll be in Orlando for most of this week so things will be a little screwy. After this week, my weekly mileage will slowly increase until October. I'm following Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan which will have me running 5 times a week. I'll also do 3 or 4 long runs of 20 miles or greater.

I have to say that I'm pretty excited about training for another marathon. This year will be a tad different as I'll also be training for my first tri as well (which will be in August).

Here's to a successful training regimen :)

1 comments:

David H.

Enjoy your training! Since I'm not doing a marathon this year, I'll be interested in reading how you feel about the higher mileage a second year in a row. Enjoy the summer and be smart out there!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008