Friday, May 30, 2008

300 yards baby!!!!

I swam for 300 yards straight today!!!

Oh. yeah.

I probably could have gone longer but I'm trying not to go far beyond what my training calls for. Swimming really is about less effort and more focus on form. I took it very slow and did very well. Of course, the key part of that last statement is SLOW. I'm still not swimming very fast. I'm averaging about 2 minutes per 100 yards. But, at least now I know I can complete the swim part of my first triathlon in August.

I'm not really concerned with the run or bike portion of the triathlon as I have mad running skillz and my biking is covering way more than is needed for the August Tri. So, my biggest concern thus far has been my swimming.

Although swimming is entirely different from running in that form is way more important, it is similar insofar as once you get in a rhythm, you can keep going and going. That's how I felt today. I felt like I could keep going and going.

Man, am I happy!!!!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008