Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bad fish

I'm a bad fish, but I'm becoming a better swimmer :)

Today's swim went very well. I did a bunch of drills and then swam freestyle without the pull buoy in 50 yard spurts. I had to rest after each 50 yards, but I actually felt like a swimmer. I was very relaxed and things seemed to click. In fact, I was able to swim 50 yards in 1:02. I'm very happy with that (although I'll readily admit that it is slow). Nonetheless, there is some progress.

I also swam today in my Orca 226 Tri pants. Wow, they are cool. The water is just repelled by these things :) It just slides right over them.

Steph and I had today off as we get a day off for voting (don't ask me why...we just do). Anyway, after the swim, we came back home after picking up flowers and tomato plants at Lowe's. Steph wanted to do some planting. While she planted, I went for a 15 mile bike ride. I did that in 1:08:32, which I'm happy with. I am noticing that I get a little numb...uhmm...down there..., so any suggestions from folks on that would be helpful (ie, how do you not get numb?).

Tomorrow will be swimming, running 4 miles, and weight training.

Woot!

Weight: 154lbs

2 comments:

Triteacher

Oy. I would choose today to start reading your blog. No advice re: your errr... issue. ;)

But YAHOO on your IM goal!!! You will love it!

Anonymous

I had the same problem after 10 miles or so. I switched seats to one with a strategically placed cutout in the horn of the seat, this takes the pressure of some very important anatomical structures, and should eliminate your nether numbness. I must protect the possible future source of my grandchildren!
Joe

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008