Thursday, May 08, 2008

...and then God made Pull Buoys

According to Wikipedia:

"A pull buoy is a figure-eight shaped piece of closed-cell foam used in swim workouts. Swimmers place the buoy between the legs in the crotch area to provide support to the body without kicking the legs; this allows the swimmer to focus on training only their arms."


They are @!$!@@!$ great!!!!

I can actually swim for a while with these things. As I've mentioned, I have a hard time keeping my hips up. The pull buoy allows me not to worry about my lower body and just concentrate on my stroke. Whew!!!

I was turned on to this cool little tool from the guy swimming next to me. He not only told me about the buoy, but he also gave me a bunch of tips. What a great guy!!

This morning, I found a plan that will get me swimming a mile in six weeks. At least that's what it claims. We'll see. I'm going to start it next week.

In running news, it's time for Steph and I to invest in some new shoes. I wear Saucony Omni Pro Grid. She wears Brooks. We're headed up to our local running shop on Saturday to lay down some cash for some new ones. I always love getting new shoes. Actually, I think I love visiting the store more than the shoes. I always like looking at all the other stuff they have.

Next week, I'm kicking it up a notch in terms of my training. I've scheduled out my swimming, lifting, biking, and running workouts. We'll see how it goes and how tired I am. The training for the Marine Corps Marathon starts on June 1 for me. These next few weeks will be a test to see how well I can hold up under the stress of that training as well the other stuff I've added recently. Wish me luck :)

I got in 3 miles running and about 500 yards swimming today. Tomorrow is weight training only.

Later!

~Jason

Weight: 155lbs

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008