Monday, May 05, 2008

Beginnings

The first post of a new blog is always difficult. I'm never sure what to say. What I'll do is ask that you join me on another journey.

You were there with me when I completed my first marathon.

Be there when I complete my first Full Ironman.

i*ron man (also i*ron*man)
noun
(esp. in sporting contexts) an exceptionally strong or robust man.

  • [often as adj.] a multi-event sporting context demanding, in particular a consecutive triathlon of swimming, cycling, and running.
My life is changed. I conquered the marathon last year. I am no longer defined by what I cannot do. I am defined by what I can.

My journey is not over. I will continue to be more than I think I can be. I will embrace my desire to overcome.

I will be an Ironman. I will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles in one day. I will triumph over my fear.

I will retool my body and mind to accept and welcome the pain of extreme endurance. It will take time. But, I will persevere. I will persist. I will continue.

Transformed. Altered. Remade.

I will be Recast In Iron.

1 comments:

David H.

Nice looking new blog. Looking forward to your journey!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008