Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a weekend

Steph and I had a very busy weekend. Whew.

Saturday we got our long run in. We decided to 8 miles. It felt really good. Other than the half in Cinci, I haven't run more than 6 miles, so it felt really good to get up to 8. This coming week, I'll do 4-4-4-8. I'll bump up my distance a little after that in preparation for my marathon training which will begin on June 1. The plan I'm following this year will see me running 5 times a week instead of 4 which will be a bit of a change for me. Steph and I also have a 5k this coming Sunday. Based on my performance at my last 5k, I won't be pushing it :)

I'm also going to switch up my weight training this week. I've got a program that will allow me to do 3 full weeks of training 3 times a week without using the same workout. In other words, I'll be able to workout three weeks in a row without repeating the same workout. I'm really happy about that as weight training gets boring after a while if you continue to do the same exercises. It also is not as effetive for muscle toning and growth.

I'm bumping up my biking to 45 miles this week, but I'll be swimming the same distance as I did last week (2100 yards). I still haven't gotten to swimming more than 50 yards at one time, but I feel improvements each session.

Tomorrow is weight training, running 4 miles and biking 15.

Later!

Weight: 155lbs

1 comments:

Steve Stenzel

Sounds like a nice week! Good luck with the training!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008