Monday, May 19, 2008

No worries, the grandchildren are safe

Well, I figured out during my bike today that if I move back on the saddle, I don't get numb. Whew!!! Glad I got that worked out. I think I'll take my father-in-law's advice though and look into to getting one of those split saddles. Nonetheless, the grandchildren are safe Joe. No worries :)

In terms of today's workout, I did a brick. For the uninitiated, a brick is a combination workout where you do one event immediately following another. I'm not exactly sure where the term "brick" comes from, but I've heard that it is a conflation of "bike + run = ick" or brick.

Today, I did 15 mile bike followed immediately by a 4 mile run. My times were excellent. My legs felt a little weird going straight from the bike to the run, but it worked itself out. I actually felt like I was in a race today for some reason. Maybe that's why my times were so good.

Despite the bricky goodness, I skipped my weight training. After the hub bub in yesterday's posting about my weight workouts, I decided last night to reduce my weight training to twice a week instead of three times. I'm getting too tired during the week, so hopefully this will help.

As an aside, since I've started to train as a triathlete, my appetite has soared. I am hungry all the freakin' time. I'm assuming that's normal. But, man I am eating constantly. Good thing I'm training so much :)

Woot!

1 comments:

Stephanie

Wow! You know, that kid favors your side of the family!! ;-)

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008