Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Relax to Swim

So relaxation is the key to swimming. Today, I swam like 5-6 laps (woohoo for me). One of those laps, I did without stopping. I found that when I relax, I do MUCH better. I still have problems, but, man, I feel relieved that I'm making some progress. In fact, I'm surprised how much progress I've made.


I'll be back in the pool tomorrow or Thursday. There is a Master's class that's starting up here on campus and I'll be participating in that as soon as I hear back from the coordinator.

I also ran 3 miles today. My legs are a little stiff from the Flying Pig, but they felt good after the run. I'll run again tomorrow and weight train.

I have a question though. Do you guys use any training tools online to track your workouts? Any suggestions for ones to try out? I'm in the process of working up my training schedule and I'd like to start tracking my workouts online. With three sports (and races along the way) it gets a little hectic.

Later!!

Weight: 155lbs
Workout: Swimming 10 x 25, Running 3 miles, Bike 12.4 miles

3 comments:

Obi-Run Kenobi

Congratulations on your decision to become an Iron Man! I applaud your ambition as one of my goals is to someday complete an Iron Man too.

I would suggest checking out www.Runningahead.com for an online workout tracker. You can track running, cycling and swimming (and other workouts too, I think) on the site and it's all free. You can also set it up so your workouts are automatically posted to your blog from the site, which is cool.

Worth checking out, at least.

Jason

Thanks PMW. I actually found one I really like. Buckeye Outdoors. It's pretty cool.

Topher

I, too, use RunningAhead.com. I started out using Runner's World's tracker, but switched when I couldn't seem to get it to post the summary on my blog the way I wanted it to. Probably user error. They both work basically the same. Good luck!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008