Monday, December 29, 2008

The Holiday Poundage

Man is it hard to not put on weight during the holidays.

Steph made all kinds of great food this past week and I stuffed myself. I think the best thing she made was this Sweet Potato Casserole thing that was delicious. It had so much sugar in it, but it was sooooooo good.

I don't know if your spouses are good cooks, but my wife is a great cook. But, she likes to experiment and sometimes I don't like the experimentation. For example, I like my brownies with nothing on them. Steph, however, likes to put things like crushed up candy canes on the top of them. So, usually, every holiday I end up eating something that combines two things that I've never eaten before. This year, Steph made sauerbraten that had Ginger Snaps as part of the sauce. Mmmmm....mmmmmm......

I ran twice last week. 2 miles each run. Not much, but my achilles is starting to get better. I can't wait to get back to running. This week is lifting, swimming, and elliptical. I'll probably get a run or two in as well.

Woot!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

5 comments:

Anonymous

Hope the achillies feels better. I am having an issue with it also. I think it might be getting better.

David H.

I feel like an overstuffed moose ... or bear ... or something with all this eating in the past two weeks. But my jeans still fit, so I'm not worrying about it until Jan. 1. Hope your Achilles heels up and '09 starts off well for you.

Andrew is getting fit

Oh boy the holiday poundage is terrible. I ran record mileage and I still gained weight. I shudder to think about how it would have gone if I hadn't been running.

The sauerbraten with ginger snaps sounds deadly!

Ryan @ R2C Group

Hi Jason,

Hope your holidays went well, complete with plenty of festive things to blog about on Recast In Iron. I sent you an email a few weeks back about an opportunity to try and review ProWash activewear detergent. Now that the holiday rush is over, I thought I'd try you again to see if you are interested.

ProWash activewear laundry detergent is made for your high performance running clothes with "dry fit" qualities. While ordinary laundry detergents struggle to ever truly get performance activewear clothes clean, with ProWash you can quickly and easily clean and eliminate odors, bacteria and stains from your high performance workout gear. It's truly a brilliant new product. In facet, if you take a minute to Google "ProWash (or Pro Wash) detergent" and research it on Amazon.com and running blogs, you'll find hundreds of consumer reviews that will testify to it's success.

Would you be willing to try a bottle of ProWash activewear detergent and post a review about it on your blog? If so, all I need is your name and mailing address and I'll send you a full-sized container of ProWash to experience for yourself. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your kind consideration and I look forward to hearing from you. Keep blogging and Happy '09!

Warm regards,



Ryan

PS - Here is a recent news article that articulately explores ProWash in detail:
+ http://www.forbes.com/businesswire/feeds/businesswire/2008/10/13/businesswire20081013005146r1.html



Ryan Wines
R2C Group
Client: ProWash - A Dry Cleaner's Secret Product
Web: www.prowashdetergent.com
Email: r2cgroup@gmail.com
Phone: 503-222-0025

For more information, you can explore: http://www.prowashdetergent.com

Anonymous

Hope the achillies feels better.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008