Monday, December 08, 2008

Sagalicious!

So, I've been keeping this post to myself for a while, but I figured its about time to comment on the behavior in men's locker rooms. Now, as my wife can attest, I am no prude. I can be just as messy and disgusting as the next guy, but I draw the line at weird, crazy behavior in locker rooms.

For the past year and a half, I've been going to the WVU Rec Center. It's a nice gym with all kinds of equipment and programs. I love it. It's convenient and clean.

The problem is all the old men who feel the need to prance around the locker room with nothing on. I think this is a generational thing. People my age and younger don't walk around with their junk hanging out. Most of us put a towel on. Not these guys. From the monute I get in the locker room, I see saggy, old man body parts. Ohh, and when I say saggy, I mean ssssssaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyyy. I bet there are more boobs in the men's locker room than the women's.

Earlier this year, I actually had a guy stand in front of me while I was sitting on a bench in the locker room. He decided he needed to talk to the guy standing behind me. And instead of going around, he talked to him, buck naked, in front of me. With his junk right in my face. I actually had to say something, kind of like, "Hey do you mind getting your penis out of my face?"

WTF? Do I live in bizarro world?

Elliptical and running today. Lifting as well. Elliptical and pool tomorrow.

Woot!!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

5 comments:

kikimonster

This post was classic. And yet... things I didn't need to know about the old men from WVU... ah, still made me laugh!

David H.

This post right here confirms why I do not go into the locker room. I have even changed in my vehicle before going in. Some people think I am weird, but I don't want to see some old guy's balls up in my grill.

Anonymous

Not much to say....what are these guys thinking? I feel bad for you! They should at least wrap towels around their waist.

Robert Barker

I think you have stumbled upon a universal constant. I see the same thing at every gym I have ever been to.

Anonymous

Dude, the ladies do it too. I think it's not just generational, but continental. Europeans and Californians, to name a couple of examples, are very mellow about nudity, and seem not to "see" it.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008