Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thoughts on 2009

As I write this, I'm watching Spike TV's Bondathon!!! Woohoo!!! That's how you know it is holiday time.....Bond is on 24 hours a day :)

I haven't been posting much this last part of the year because my work schedule has been a nightmare. But, thankfully, it looks like that is going to lighten up, so expect me to be back to my normal posting frequency :)

Also, rest assured, I have my podcast still to get out. I just haven't had the time to produce it. But, it's coming.

As most folks this time of year, I've been contemplating what my training goals are for next year. As you know, my plan is to really begin training for my first Half-Ironman. I plan on doing two, possibly three Half-IM events. Most exciting for me is the Augusta Half-Ironman, but I am also pretty psyched with my other two events.

This winter, my focus has been on getting over some injuries as well as increasing the strength of my core muscles. So far, things have gone well. I've stuck to the elliptical and stationary bike for most of my cardio. I think I may give running a go again next week. My heel feels better and I miss running.

Beginning in March, I plan on completing a couple of sprint triathlons around the area. I think the first one of the season here in WV is in the March/April timeframe. Then, from that point, it is simply staying uninjured and ready for the longer-distance triathlons.

I can't say how excited I am. At the end of 2009, I will be a half-Ironman. Next year, full Ironman baby!!!!

Woot!
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

1 comments:

Anonymous

You got some great goals for 2009. I can't wait to read your journey to accomplishing them all.

Enjoy the holidays.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008