Friday, February 13, 2009

A roof is overrated

Well on Wednesday night we nearly lost our roof.  The storms that passed through our neck of the woods had winds upwards of 70 mph.  It was lots of fun.  Anyway, we now have a big pile of shingles that blew off and our flashing is sticking straight up in the air.  Ugh!!!!  Good thing our homeowner's insurance will take care of it.

Today is a rest.  I swam three times this week...about a mile each time (I actually did 300 meter repeats instead of swimming the full mile at one time).  Next week I'll go for the full mile all at once.  My heel is feeling better...I go through times where it feels like crap and the other times when I hardly notice it....that usually means I'm healing, but we'll see.

Tomorrow is 6 miles.

Woot!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your house. Hope getting all the insurance paperwork and the roof fixed is done with little stress.

Shannon

Sorry bout' your house, your swimming sound marvelous!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008