Sunday, August 17, 2008

36 Miles this week

So I got 13 in on Saturday.  Steph did 8.  This week and next week are pretty much rest weeks.  I built in some extra weeks for my training in the event that I had to alter it up a bit.  Thank goodness I did as this weekend I do the Sprint, Splash, and Spin Triathlon.   It is going to be on Saturday at 6am.  If you are in Morgantown this weekend, you should come by.  It begins and ends at Marilla Park.  The run is only a 5K, so my long run this week, won't be much of a long run. 

And...shhhhh......but this is my first triathlon :)

More importantly, this race raises money for Habitat for Humanity.  Go Habitat!!!

In order to adjust to the tri, my running schedule will be 5-8-5-8-3 for a total of 29.  Then I'll be back on schedule for the following week (5-8-5-8-18).  After that, I can't alter my training much.  The 2008 Marine Corps Marathon is coming up pretty quick and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I am soooooo ready for another marathon.  Last week, I ordered my first speed suit.  I hope to have it in time to test it and wear it for the tri.  Check it out here.  I intend to wear it at the mary this fall as well.

God, I love gear!!!

HTFU
__________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008