Thursday, August 07, 2008

Modern Pentathlon here I come

Have you guys seen this?


I was just checking out the Olympic schedule and ran across the Modern Pentathlon. Ok, so where do I sign up...this is like James Bond training.

If you don't know what the Modern Pentathlon is, here you go:

1. Shooting: Air pistol (20 shots)
2. Fencing: Epee (35 bouts)
3. Swimming: 200m freestyle
4. Equestrian: Show jumping (15 jumps)
5. Running: 3000m (1.82 miles) cross-country

All in a single day.

What? How have I not heard of this?
__________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

4 comments:

David H.

Interesting. If I sat here long enough, I could come with some pretty crazy events and have my own pentathlon. I think I'd have to include a watermelon-eating contest.

Anonymous

Jason...Terry Chapman here. You look awesome. I didn't recognize your photo at first because you've changed so much. Wow. How inspiring. Tell Steph I said 'hi'. I'm starting a work on a graduate degree in Social Work this fall at WVU. I quit IC3 a couple of years ago to return to school. I finished my undergrad at Fairmont State in May. I want you to know that you were one of the best bosses I've ever had. Good luck on your fund raising!

Jason

Terry, great to hear from you!!! I'm so happy that you finished your degree and now are moving up to a grad. degree. Woohoo for you :)

You should drop my office sometime. 307E Woodburn. I'd love to catch up.

Thank you for the kind words, but you guys made the job what it was, not me :)

David, dude we should really come up with our own pentathlon....kind of like the 8 on the 8th deal...

Anonymous

You know, there is a guy in Morgantown who is a world class modern biathalon athlete (shooting and running). So, Mini James Bond.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008