Saturday, August 30, 2008

44 miles this week

I ran 18 miles today for a total of 44 for the week.  44 miles in one week is the most I've ever run.  Woohoo!!!  Steph did 8.  As a family we did 61 miles this week.  We rock!!!!

The run went well.  Perhaps the most impressive thing I've seen all year happened about a mile and a half into it.

I saw a bald eagle in flight.  I physically let out a gasp and covered my mouth with my hand.  I know, I'm a girl.  But, it was the coolest damn thing.  I've never seen a bald eagle in the wild.  Man, it was impressive.

I'm always amazed at the new experiences I encounter as I train.  Count this one as a top 5.

This week I did 5-8-5-8-18.  Next week is the same, 5-8-5-8-18.  My training is all focused on running from now until the marathon.  I will probably swim a time or two each week, but nothing too tough.  After the marathon (and the half in Richmond), I intend to be back in the gym to do some more lifting.  I am very happy with how much it helped this racing season.

PS.  No offense to Notre Dame fans, but Lou Holtz has to be the dumbest man alive.

Woot!


_________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008