Sunday, October 19, 2008

7 days until the marathon

So, yesterday was the last longish run of my training. Both Steph and I got in 8 miles. It was really, REALLY cold. I think when we started it was like 39 degrees. Brr!!!

This week is the final week before the marathon next Sunday. We're so excited. Steph is running the Marine Corps 10k. The mary starts at 8:00am and the 10k starts at 8:20am. So, Steph will be done with her race in time to see me finish mine. Both of us get to have our pictures taken in front of the Iwo Jima Memorial with our medals as a part of the event. It's sooooo cool.

And get this. If you wear Brooks equipment while you race, you get to use their super-duper bathroom. It has heat, AC, running water, all the niceties of your home bathroom. How cool is that? Steph wears Brooks shoes and running skirts so she'll get to use the super-toilet, while I get to suck it up with the rest of the idiots who wear other gear. Maybe I should borrow one of Steph's skirts :) Ugh!!

Next week is 3-4-2-->26.2.

Woot!!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

4 comments:

kikimonster

Um, wow... makes you want to buy a pair of Brooks sneakers, no? Can't wait to see those pics.. and I'll keep my fingers for warmer/non-raining weather!

Andrew is getting fit

Go on! Run in a skirt! :)

Anonymous

The special bathrooms are such a great idea. It is almost time! You guys must be excited.

David H.

Do those bathrooms have the guy in there to offer a paper towel and a mint? If so, I'll be there next year with my Brooks on! As for the weather, it looks like it's going to remain cool, but I'm sure you'd rather have that than heat. This cold weather is quite a shock though!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008