Thursday, October 02, 2008

10 life lessons I learned from running

Today's theme over at Runner's Lounge is "Life Lessons from Running". So, here are my 10 lessons I've learned from running:

  1. Running forces you to admit that you are strong.
  2. Running causes people to perceive you differently.
  3. Running forces you to admit that you are weak.
  4. Running causes your body and mind to change in ways you never thought possible.
  5. Running makes non-running people around you change.
  6. Running is pain.
  7. Pain is good.
  8. Running is a lifestyle.
  9. I am a better husband and friend because I run.
  10. I enjoy life more because I run.
5 miles tomorrow, then 20 on Saturday.

Woot!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

7 comments:

Midwest

I agree with every word you said.

Felice Devine

Yeah! Those are 10 great lessons. Especially #10. So true.

Good luck with your 20-miler!

kikimonster

How true! I completed my first 20 minutes straight... I'll write about it tomorrow since it's almost time for the debate!

Stuart

I think you hit the nail on the head there then!

Robert Barker

nice list.

K @ Running Through Life

Great list on running! Good luck on the 20 miles!

www.icanbearunner.blogspot.com

M*J*C

EXCELLENT post!!!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008