Sunday, October 05, 2008

Last 20 miler

On Saturday I ran the last 20-miler of my training....whew!!! It' all down hill from here until the marathon.

I ran the 20 in 2:55:30 for a 8:46/mile pace. The run was about as perfect as it gets. I had my hydration down perfect. I didn't have to stop for a potty break and ran the entire distance non-stop.

Steph usually meets me at Mile 18 for some hydration, but I was about 15 minutes ahead of schedule so I actually beat her.

The weather was also perfect. It started in the low 50s and ended in the high 60s. I wore a long sleeve shirt that worked out pretty well. It was a little warm towards the end, but worked out fine.

Steph got her 10 miles in and then drove to Morgantown to pick me up. I couldn't have asked for a better long run before the marathon. I'm really happy with the way everything has gone in the training (with the exception of the pain in my calf). I can say, without a doubt, that I am more than ready for this thing. I've run about 200-300 more miles this go round in preparation for this year's marathon. I can tell the difference it has made. I also think my weight training over the winter and the swimming and cycling have helped.

Now I just have to keep from becoming ancy until the race :)

Next week is 5-6-5-4-12.

Woot!!
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

4 comments:

David H.

Sounds like perfect conditions for a perfect run. I remember last year at this time it seemed to stay a little too hot for too long. Enjoy the next few weeks of fewer miles. You look like you've set yourself up for a great marathon.

Andrew is getting fit

Not long to go now. You are gonna rock that race!

kikimonster

Awesome! Saturday was a gorgeous day to do a run like this. Just think... a few more weeks to the marathon!!

Robert Barker

20 miles = awesome

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008