Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bib #10552

4 days and counting.
My bib number is 10552. I am 1 of 30 thousand.


If you are interested in tracking my progress as I run, you register it at this here link. I have to tell you that our experience with these things in the past hasn't been great. But, feel free to register. I registered so that I could get my splits via email. I'll probably log in shortly after finishing so I can see how I did :)

Today was 4 easy miles. My legs feel wonderful. It was also the first day that I broke out the compression pants. When I went for my run, it as 32 degrees outside.

I also have been stocking up on carbs. Ok, so this is probably just an excuse to eat more. Steph and I scoped out some Italian restuarants near the hotel we're staying at so we can get some pasta in the night before.

Anyway, I'm getting pretty excited. I'm a little concerned about weather though. I've seen different forecasts. Some say sun and high of 65, other say rain and high of 65.

Tomorrow is a rest day and Friday is 2. Then the big day :)

UPDATE: If you get Comcast Sportsnet, the marathon will be broadcast from 0730-0830 on the 26th. Later that evening, at 10:30pm there will be a special they will air on the marathon.

Woot!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

5 comments:

M*J*C

I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! I can't believe that it's almost here!!! I went to bed around 10 (I was so tired), and now here I am wide awake at 1:30am....
I don't know my bib number yet, Team in Training took care of everything and we pick up our bibs on Friday. As soon as I know it I will make sure to post it! I'll totally be looking for you (in the sea of 30,000 people)!!

Andrew is getting fit

Hope you have a blast!

kikimonster

Mmm...pasta! I'm so excited for you!!!!! Well, excited regarding the pasta AND the race :)

David H.

If it's not heavy rain, you probably won't even notice. At least the temps look decent.

Anonymous

Have fun!!! I can't wait to read all about the race. You are going to have a blast.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008