Monday, September 29, 2008

2:04 marathon...ok, really?

This guy just ran a sub 2:04 marathon....I barely make it under 2 hours for a half marathon. Wow!!! Congratulations to him :)

Steph and I ran in Cinci this weekend. We were in town for her sister's wedding. We stayed in Newport, KY which is just over the river from Cinci so we actually ran in Kentucky. Anyway, we got 12 miles in. I don't know what the elevation change was, but I do know the six mile mark where we turned around is called Highland Heights. Yeah, no lie. Highland Heights. It is aptly named. It was a great run, we just reached the top of the hill(s) as the sun was rising. It was beautiful.

Here's the route we ran:



After the run, Steph (who was the maid of honor--she doesn't like to be called matron-of-honor because it makes her feel old) and I went to the wedding and partied 'til late into the night. We then came back home yesterday.

My leg is feeling great!!! Although, this morning my left heel was rubbing against my shoe for some reason. I'll have to figure that out.

I got 5 miles in today and will do the same tomorrow. The schedule for this week is 5-5-5-8-20. Then the taper. Woohoo!!!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit

That marathon time is incredible.

And your run sound fantastic too.

M*J*C

Hope you're having a great week! Is your 20 on Saturday? I'm doing mine on either Friday or Saturday, haven't figured out the logistics yet!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008