Saturday, September 06, 2008

88 miles in two weeks

44 miles down for the week. 88 miles for the last two weeks. Woot!!!

I did 18 today. Steph did 8. Next week is a rest week, so I'm looking at 5-5-5-8-13. The following week my long run is 20 miles. I'll do one more 20 miler after that before the marathon. Although, I'm really happy with the mileage I've gotten in over the last two weeks, I am really tired. I'm glad next week is a bit of a breather.

I've gotten a few comments over the past week on my posting on pain.

Yeah, I know.  Pain doesn't seem like something I should enjoy. I don't know that I 'enjoy' it. But I do know I relish the feeling of conquering the task set before me, regardless of the pain.

And, it seems to me that there are two types of pain: good pain and bad pain. Everyone, I think, knows the difference. Good pain is the pain you feel after a good workout. That sore feeling where you know you've laid everything out. You may not feel great at the end of the workout, but you know you gave it everything you had.

Bad pain is everything else. I think we have to blend with each. Sometimes we have to push through both. What we get from it is that satisfied feeling, that sensation of accomplishment.  And, I intend to accomplish a lot.

Oh...and....hells yeah:



HTFU!
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008