Saturday, September 20, 2008

20 miles down

Today's run was my first 20-miler in my marathon training. It felt soooooooo good. I haven't run 20 miles since this time last year. I loved every step of it. I ran from Fairmont, WV to Morgantown, WV.

Last year, I remember struggling through the 20 miles. This year, I'm 20 pounds lighter and in much better shape. It seems to have paid off. I ran the 20 in 3:06:48. Much better than last year.

Steph ran 10, then hopped in the car to pick me up in Morgantown. She then biked a couple of miles out to meet me with a bottle of water. She's so great about getting me through the training :)

Next week is a rest week, 5-5-5-8-12. We'll be in Cincy for my sister-in-law's wedding. So I'm going to run the 12 before the wedding. The following week I have another 20 miler and then the taper.

Lastly, I'd like to thank David for his shout-out. I didn't get a chance to post on Runner's Lounge Take it and Run Thursday this week. The topic was blogs that you like. David said some nice things, and I wanted to thank him. He and I have been blogging for about the same time and we've tracked each other's progress since early last year. Thanks David. Here's to another racing season for us :)

Woot!!
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

3 comments:

kikimonster

Wow! That is truly amazing! Glad it was a good run... and the weather is really helping with that!

Anonymous

Woo friggin hoo!

David H.

Thanks for the shoutout. I'm glad to see you continuing to increase your miles. I'm certainly not missing it this year, but posts like yours help keep my mind on doing another marathon down the road.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008