Tuesday, September 23, 2008

All I want for Christmas is....

Ok, so I know this is a bit early, but I wanted to let my family and friends know what I'm thinking about for Christmas.

Why now? Because I'm an impatient fool and as soon as I have an idea I can't help but talk about it. And, I wanted to let folks know what my plans are in the event that they were in the process of buying gifts now (don't laugh, my mom used to buy presents all year long...)

I was thinking that folks who are interested in giving me something for Christmas and my birthday (which is January 25th), could actually give me cash to so that I can buy a nice road bike.

I thought it would be pretty cool as I would then have 'everyone' with me when I race. I know it sounds corny, but it'll actually motivate me to train. Owning a bike that everyone bought for me means that you'll be with me on the course and every time I pedal, I'll know that everyone is cheering me on.

The other thing that Steph and I will be getting this Christmas is a video camera. I want to document my journey to Ironman on video. So, if you happen to be cheering me on at a race, be ready to get your face on video (along with any appropriate interviews).

Got 5 miles in today, 5 tomorrow, then 8 on Friday and 12 on Sat.

Woot!!
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

1 comments:

M*J*C

I like how you think...Christmas is never too far away! I've been dropping hints about wanting a small flat screen tv for my room!!!
I'm totally going to try and be in your video!!!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008