Monday, September 08, 2008

2008 Richmond Half-Marathon

On November 15th, three weeks after I run the Marine Corps Marathon, Steph and I plan to run the Richmond Half.  I couldn't be more excited.  I ran the Richmond Marathon last year and it was great!!  Our families and friends turned out in full force.  Afterwards, we all had dinner at the County Seat Restaurant and took in the music of Borrowed Time, the band of one of our close family friends.


Well, this year we are doing the same thing.  Except this time, the whole family is going to do the half.  I think Steph and I are the only ones running, but the rest of the family will be walking it.  Woohoo!!!

And, again, afterwards, we are going to dinner at the County Seat and will see Borrowed Time.  By the way, our friend in the band will also be walking the half.  Talk about a full day.

I love Richmond in the fall.  If the temperature is cool and crisp, the run should be great.  The leaves will have changed and it'll feel like home again.  I moved away from Richmond ten years ago and thought I would never want to see it again.  But, I was wrong.  I really enjoyed our time last year and can't wait for this year.

Anyway, I know a lot of friends and family read this blog (even though you never comment).  If you want to join us, please come out.  We'd love to see you.  If you'd like to walk in the race, drop me a line.  If not, you are more than welcome to come out to dinner and to see Tom play.
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

3 comments:

Unknown

Rox and I will be there.

David H.

I would love to be out there, but it's too close to our due date. The course looks interesting with a loop in Bryan Park.

Andrew is getting fit

It must be nice to run with family and friends.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008