Saturday, September 13, 2008

13 miles down

Man it was humid this morning....way humid.  I was dripping sweat.  the run went well, but I was a little tired at the beginning.  I think the humidity was giving me some problems.  After a mile or two, I was back in the swing of things though.

Next week is 5-8-5-5-20.  I have my first 20 miler in my training.  I'll do the same thing I did last year for my 20-miler.  I'll run from Fairmont to Morgantown.  It is exactly 20 miles from Prickett's Fort to Oliverio's on the wharf.  Steph will drop me off at the fort, then drive to Oliverio's and pick me up.

It should take me a little over three hours.  I can't wait....I lurve the long distances :)

Thanks to a suggestion by Kiki, I mapped out radially 812.3 miles on a US map.....check it out below (click on the pic to make it bigger).  That's how much I've biked, run, and swam since May of this year. 

How cool is it that I've worked out enough to get to Orlando, Minneapolis, Kansas city, or Quebec?

 

Woot!
 ______________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

2 comments:

kikimonster

I'd say that's pretty damn cool!

Anonymous

As always, give us the time frame for the Motown wrap up and we'll come out!

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008