Thursday, September 11, 2008

Taper Madness

Today's theme at Runner's Lounge is "Taper Madness".  How much of a taper is enough?  How much is too much?  How do you deal with the taper?  Those kinds of things.

So, let's begin.


First, I don't like tapers.  Never have.  They're long and squiggly.  In fact, they are quite gross.  I know some scientists spend their lives studying them, but I think you have to be a little crazy to be so infatuated with a worm.

Second, tapers are a parasite.  Normally, I'm up for a good parasite.  I can dig mooching off of someone else.  I do it all the time.  But, tapers really mooch.  They like dig in to your intestine and suck all the food out of your stomach.  Which leads me to my next point....

Third, they are always hungry.  I don't mean just anytime...they ALWAYS eat.  I'm surprised there aren't support groups for overweight tapers.  But, then again, I can't say I've ever seen an overweight taper.

Lastly, you can't pet a taper.  Most animals you can pet.  Not a taper.  No way.  He doesn't want to be touched.  In fact, he hates to be touched so much, that he'll spend his entire life in your gut in an effort to avoid any human affection.

So, that's my thoughts on the taper........oh wait......I was thinking tape worm....not taper.....crap!!!!!!

Uhmm....so let me revise.  The Taper stinks...it lasts too long, makes me want to shoot someone, and generally should be eliminated from all forms of running.

There....take that you freakin' parasite!!

Woot!!
___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008