Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Right leg pain

I took today off of running. I've been having some pain in my right calf for a while now and I'm trying to make sure it doesn't give me too much of a problem for the Marine Corps. So, like two weeks ago, I took one of the 5 milers off of my schedule for this week. This will give me two rest days before my 8 miles on Friday and then the 12 on Saturday.

I've also been icing it twice a day and taking some ibuprofen. Lest you think its that bad, it really isn't. I'm just taking some precautionary measures as I want to get to the start line uninjured.

Woot!!

___________________________________________________________
To donate to the Carolyn E. Miller Steps for Solace Fund, please click here. I am raising $25 thousand to provide comfort and solace to cancer patients seeking treatment.

4 comments:

mrjwhit~

Take care of yourself, Jason. Glad you're listening to your body.

The mud run was in Columbia SC. I am sure they have them in other parts of the country as well. Check active. If i run into anything I will forward it to you.

kikimonster

Better to save it than to push it and injure your calf more! I'm never sure when I should push through pain or not. That's something I dealt with this summer when my thigh was hurting right above my knee and I just stopped running out of fear. Not good!

Andrew is getting fit

Good to see you are being sensible.

David H.

You're still getting in some great mileage. I would suggest that if you want to continue running five times a week to maybe cut the mileage back a couple of times next week.

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008